Here’s a step by step guide on how you can set up your online business within minutes.
Step 1: Get valid documentation ready (GST & PAN number)
- Once you register, you need to provide your GST Number/GST ID (If your product is tax exempt, you must provide PAN details relevant to your business).
- Don’t have a GST number? Here’s a quick guide on how to register for GST.
Step 2: UPC and Brand Registry
- If you are community selling a product that is already available on Amazon, you can skip to Step 3. With our match feature, most product details will be filled automatically including the unique product code (UPC).
- In case you are selling a unique/new product, you can provide your UPC while listing. If UPC is unavailable, apply for UPC exemption.
- Sellers who have their own brand can register your brand under brand registry to avoid brand infringement.
Step 3: Cataloguing and listing
- Cataloguing your products can be very easy on Amazon. You can choose any of the listing methods that suits you best.
- Create listing individually or in bulk, through the desktop or the Seller App, whichever you prefer.
- In case you need professional help, Amazon’s service provider network (SPN) will help you with cataloguing.
- (To check if any product falls under gated category and sell restricted items, click here)
Step 4: Configure shipping options
- Choose the shipping service which suits you best. You can select from shipping options like:
Fulfilled By Amazon (FBA):
- Amazon will store your product in our warehouse, and pack and ship the product to the customer when an order is placed.
- Have the product packaged and ready once you receive an order, and Amazon will collect the product from your doorstep and deliver it to the customer.
- This is where you, the seller, would handle the entire process of storage, packing and delivery to the customer, by yourself, after you receive an order.
- Learn in more detail about these various shipping options here. Based on your choice, you can set shipping rates for your products.
Step 5: Bank details and account setup
- Update your bank account details.
- Setup basic account information like invoice address, customer service contact etc.
- Amazon will take care of your payment in a seamless and timely manner, with regular payments directly to your bank account.
Once you register, you can always contact the Seller Support Team in case you need help. Registering and launching yourself as a seller on Amazon.in is a very easy process. If you have not registered yet, click here to become an online seller at Amazon India.
Still have questions? Check our link: What to sell on Amazon for more about starting your online business. We help you to launch your Amazon seller account in 2 days and you can start selling your products in 3 days. Do visit us www.sellersupport.in