What is Ecommerce or online selling?
- Ecommerce (or electronic commerce) is the buying and selling of goods (or services) on the internet.
- However, eCommerce or online selling can also entail other types of activities, such as online auctions, payment gateways, online ticketing, and internet banking.
Topics covered in this blog:
- What is Ecommerce & online selling?
- Types of e-commerce
- What are the benefits of eCommerce or online selling?
- The largest marketplace for ecommerce or online selling – Amazon
- Best Amazon seller training course
- Who can attend this program?
- Benefits of Amazon training program
Types of e-commerce
As commerce continues to evolve, so do the ways that it’s conducted. Following are the most traditional types of e-commerce models:
Business to Consumer (B2C):
- B2C e-commerce is the most popular e-commerce model. Business to consumer means that the sale is taking place between a business and a consumer, like when you buy a rug from an online retailer.
Business to Business (B2B):
- B2B e-commerce refers to a business selling a good or service to another business, like a manufacturer and wholesaler, or a wholesaler and a retailer.
- Business to business e-commerce isn’t consumer-facing, and usually involves products like raw materials, software, or products that are combined. Manufacturers also sell directly to retailers via B2B ecommerce.
Direct to Consumer (D2C):
- Direct to consumer e-commerce is the newest model of ecommerce. D2C means that a brand is selling directly to their end customer without going through a retailer, distributor, or wholesaler.
Consumer to Consumer (C2C):
- C2C e-commerce refers to the sale of a good or service to another consumer. Consumer to consumer sales take place on platforms like eBay, Etsy, Fiverr, etc.
Consumer to Business (C2B):
- Consumer to business is when an individual sells their services or products to a business organization.
- C2B encompasses influencers offering exposure, photographers, consultants, freelance writers, etc.
What are The Benefits of eCommerce?
Ecommerce has many different advantages — from faster buying to the ability to reach large audiences 24/7. Let’s take a detailed look at some of the top perks it has to offer.
Faster buying for customers
- For customers, ecommerce makes shopping from anywhere and at any time possible.
- That means buyers can get the products they want and need faster without being constrained by operating hours of a traditional store.
- Plus, with shipping upgrades that make rapid delivery available to customers, even the lag-time of order fulfillment can be minimal (think Amazon Prime Now, for example).
- Another great benefit of running an online business is that it is always open.
- For a merchant, it’s a dramatic increase in sales opportunities; for a customer, it’s a convenient and immediately available option.
- Unrestricted by the working hours, eCommerce businesses can serve customers 24/7/365.
Lower operational costs
- Without a need for a physical storefront (and employees to staff it), ecommerce retailers can launch stores with minimal operating costs.
- As sales increase, brands can easily scale up their operations without having to make major property investments or hiring a large workforce. This means higher margins overall.
- ECommerce businesses can automate their inventory management by using electronic tools to accelerate ordering, delivery and payment procedures.
- It’s saving businesses billions in operational and inventory costs.
Working from anywhere
- Often, running an eCommerce business means that you don’t need to sit in an office from 9 to 5 or suffer through a commute day-in and day-out.
- A laptop and a good internet connection is all it takes to manage your business from anywhere in the world.
The largest marketplace for online business-Amazon
Amazon has evolved to become the largest ecommerce marketplace.It’s best suited for medium to large sellers that want exposure to millions of customers.
The advantages of selling on Amazon:
- Millions of Customers Across the World.
- Fast and Stress-Free Shipping.
- No Fixed Costs. Pay when you sell.
- Secure and Timely Payments.
- The main reason for Selling on Amazon is the Scale of their online visitors. Also, the probability of your product reaching the customer’s increases.
- Acquire Potential Customers from across the Globe.
- Effortless, Trusted Shopping Experience for Customers.
- Amazon’s Professional Help Service.
- High Traffic Volume.
Best Amazon Seller Training Course
- Amazon Seller Training Program provides the insights into selling on Amazon marketplace.
- This Training Program will help you to understand different aspects of Amazon Seller Central that enables you to manage the account.
- It is very important for you to go through each of the modules carefully to understand and learn how you can use these tools to grow your business.
- This program will surely help the seller to learn how to start selling on Amazon.
- There are many policies to know and understand if you are wishing to sell on Amazon marketplace.
- The seller must keep all the policies in mind so that they don’t receive any notifications like an Amazon account suspended.
- Amazon training service will definitely help to better understand the Amazon Seller Central.
- As an Amazon professional service provider, we can help you to understand the registration process on Amazon seller central and explain tools, policies, and products that can help you to understand the way of doing business on Amazon.
Enrolling in Amazon training program you can get to know about following Modules:
- Amazon Seller Account Registration Process.
- Amazon Product Listing.
- Amazon Brand Registry.
- Product Content Creation And Optimization.
- Account Health Management.
- Campaign Creation And Management.
- Keyword Research.
- Amazon Sponsored Ads.
There are many other modules too which will be covered in the Amazon training program.
Selling on Amazon Marketplace is not so hard but one has to keep policies in mind when starting selling products on Amazon.
One can easily set up an online store and add as many products to their inventory.
There are many parameters to be a successful seller on Amazon but one key parameter is to properly categorise the products so that the customers can find them when searching for it.
Who can Attend This Program?
- Amazon training program is made for those who want to use the Amazon marketplace as a platform to sell their products online.
- It covers the most important topics that you will need to know to start an online business with Amazon.
- This Program also describes what are Amazon’s charges in return, how Amazon manages the shipping, how you should deal with the customers’ feedback and other important issues.
Benefits of Amazon training program:
- Gain insights on how to improve sales on Amazon.
- You will get to know about the Amazon fees: referral fee, fixed closing fee and shipping fee.
- You will get to know about:
- How to manage seller account.
- How to manage listings.
- How to do product cataloguing.
- How to create promotions.
- How to manage emails (emails to customers).
- How to manage orders(order tracking, order confirmation).
- How to manage returns & refunds.
- How to manage claims.
- How to generate business reports.
- How to maintain good account health.
- How to generate cases to sort out any query.
- How to deal with A-to-z guarantee claims.
- Pricing: How to optimize pricing automatically to win the buy box.
- Deals and Promotions: How to run lightning deals and other promotions.
- Creating and optimizing the paid ads on Amazon.
In the Amazon training program, you will also get to know about how your listed products are promoted with the built-in tools in the amazon seller central dashboard.
There are many tools available in the seller central but creating promotions at different times i.e festival time, vacation time can easily generate more sales to the sellers.
Sellers can offer a percentage or money discount on their entire catalogue or a subset of their catalogue. Along with that, they can also offer their buyers free shipping on their whole inventory or just for some products only.
- Your online business — no matter what if you plan to make it your sole source of income or a side hobby — deserves to get all the breaks it can.
- One of the easiest ways of establishing a solid foundation is to go with one of the tried-and-tested online marketplaces like Amazon, giving you much more leverage than you would tend to with your own store.
- Our experts’ team will train you to start with the most important topics that you will need to know to start an online business with Amazon.